In my previous blog about Digital Era, I was addressing the growth of Digital Media in modern times and how effective it’s being implemented in our day to day activities. This blog is intended to emphasis the importance of social media and its contribution to our business growth.
Before I proceed to the significance of Social media for businesses, let me refresh you with the current stats:
- 1.06 billion monthly active users are on Facebook
- 1 out of every 7 minutes spent online is on Facebook
- 340 million tweets are sent every day by 200 million active users
- 61% of 100 million LinkedIn members use it for professional networking
- 79% of the Pinterest users are Female
- Google +1ed more than 5 billion times every day
- More than 1 billion photos are uploaded in Instagram
- 4 billion views are registered on Youtube every day
When I see the above stats, it feels like ‘WOW’, the reason behind my enthusiasm is we’re talking in billions and 100s of millions. Not even many countries have those kinds of numbers as population. So it apparently or obviously conveys me one thing – the most essential part of this blog ‘The number of users on social media is getting more and more every second’. Let me put it this way, social media is becoming a very powerful tool in marketing your products and services.
Social media – a medium to grow your business
Social media just not serve as a platform to market your product or service it serves as a way to get connected with each and every customer of yours. It provides a vivid space for you to understand your customer and serve them with elegance. The key important aspects of businesses like creating brand awareness, identifying potential new customers, serving existing customers are amplified by active participation in social media. Once you are clear about what you need to market, I suggest social media marketing to be on top of your priority list.
Food for thought to conclude this blog:
- 83% of the social media – brand marketing is done in Facebook followed by 53% on Twitter
- 74% of brand marketers feel their website traffic goes up by just spending 6 hours/week on social media
- 34% of medium and 27% of small businesses use social media as a key tool in marketing their products and services.
It’s now or never, create your own space in Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest, LinkedIn,.. to move up in your sales graph.
Stats Source: http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter/100-social-media-stats_b33696